Thursday, May 2, 2013

What went down at eco fashion week season 6


Vancouver Eco Fashion Week took off last week with amazing shows and after parties which made you want to attend to everything.

I was able to go to a couple of the EFW shows and was excited to see the amazing designs. All of the clothing and accessories had an eco-friendly spin to them which made them all that more fascinating because everything looked so chic. Overall, the event had great energy and a great atmosphere which prompted every fashionista in the city to attend. I enjoyed EFW's Season 6 and I look forward to the next one.

All photos taken by Marie Del Cid.

Bhana Design Co.

 Bhana Design Co. showcased dark makeup and slick back hairstyles giving an empowering look.

Bhana Design Co.

Couture Therapy was probably my favourite collection because of the feminine and lace looks. They showcased lace with long skirts and dresses giving an ultra chic quality to the designs.

Couture Therapy

I love lace because it instantly gives off a feminine yet sexy look.

Couture Therapy

War Paint did a fantastic job incorporating studs, military print and skulls, giving the designs a tough and edgy look.

War Paint

War Paint

War Paint

 Hey Jude was another one of my favourites because of the sheer tops, bottoms and dresses. They incorporated a lot of leather looks which was very sexy. All of their garments had an effortless and high-fashion appeal.

Hey Jude

Hey Jude's designers are Lauren Clark and Lyndsey Chow. They upcycle and thrift their garments giving a vintage and cool look.

Hey Jude

Mixing print and fabrics gives a cool street fashion vibe.

Hey Jude


Hey Jude

My Sister's Closet definitely knows how to upcycle their outifts to make them look contemporary and fresh. Their looks were really youthful and fun.

My Sister's Closet


My Sister's Closet has a special connection with East Vancouver because it was formed by the Battered Women's Support Services from East Vancouver.  

My Sister's Closet

My Sister's Closet

The next set was from Collectif Ethik-BGC featuring Mama Rawa, Awaj Warmi, Aywira, and World Hippie Originals. They all had beautiful outfits and jewellery using natural dyes and wool. 

Collectif Ethik-BGC

Collectif Ethik-BGC

Collectif Ethik-BGC

Collectif Ethik-BGC

Collectif Ethik-BGC

 Qispy Kay and Isla Found joined up to showcase their designs. 

Qispy Kay and Isla Found

Qispy Kay and Isla Found

 Peruvian designer Sandra Jazmin Higueras is the designer behind Qispy Kay Beachwear. Isla Found is a collaboration between three women with the inspiration to design beautiful accessories.    

 

And finally, here I am posing in front of the media wall on day 3 of EFW.

Photo: Jeff Wong | Brenda Bezell

Live, Laugh, Love and Shop ;)
ShadyCat

1 comment:

  1. I really want to express my "appreciation" to the post and photos, very good. I like cool and stylish thing, sheepskin jackets attracts me most, I just find a perfect one on cwmalls.com

    ReplyDelete